This is the You Can Live With Purpose Podcast.
I’m your host Larry Shankle. I am a lead pastor in the local church and I’ve been in ministry for nearly 20 years. More than anything, I believe that God has a great purpose for your life. Spreading the message of purpose is what God has called me to do.
In fact, this message of purpose goes much deeper than simple belief. I’ve truly experienced it through living out my calling to serve Christ in the church, and as an adoptive father with two amazing boys. My wife Amanda and I have been married for nearly 18 years; and I really do feel so blessed to have the family that God has given me.
Through the episodes of this podcast we will have an ongoing conversation about topics such as:
- Your purpose
- Your vision
- Your mission
- Your dream
- Your faith
- Your family
The thing is, God is interested in blessing you in every area of your life. Your God ordained purpose will propel you forward in life if you harness it and live it.
One more thing…if you enjoy the show today would you do me a favor and go over to iTunes and leave us a rating and review? Just give what you feel we deserve. I really would appreciate it if you do and I’ll mention you on the podcast!
Your review helps us get the show out to more people. So thanks in advance!
HERE’S WHAT WE ARE GOING TO COVER TODAY –
- The Scripture for life – God’s Word that builds up your life and encourages you to do more, be more, and live more fully.
- The tool tip of the week – I have a powerful book suggestion that will strengthen your leadership potential.
- Feature presentation – We’ll be discussing how to recognize your purpose.
- Also remember that you can make a difference in a child’s life by becoming a sponsor through Compassion International. This organization serves thousands of kids all over the world with food, clothing, basic necessities and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please go check them out, and if you decide to become a sponsor you can simply click the link right from my blog. www.youcanlivewithpurpose.com
SCRIPTURE FOR LIFE –
Do you want to live a life that produces real results? Something satisfying and fulfilling…I believe a life like that is the goal of most people. Fortunately for us, scripture gives the recipe for such a life. That’s what we are going to find out today through our scripture for life.
1 “I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.
3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you.
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
- Jesus is the vine that we need to be plugged into.
- The Father is the one that cares for the “garden” that is your life.
- God the Father expects us to produce something good with the life that we’ve been given.
- He desires spiritual fruit from us.
- If we aren’t producing…or even if we are, eventually we will get pruned.
- The message of Jesus is the pruning device. It cuts away the things that hinder our spiritual growth and progress.
- What’s the secret to produce much fruit? Remain, stay connected to Jesus. To disconnect from Him is like a branch pulling itself from the vine. The nutrients instantly begin to dry up. The resources that propelled you forward into growth are gone. So then you cannot be fruitful when you are apart from Jesus.
- If you stay connected to Christ the result is a life of much fruit.
- Apart from Jesus Christ, scripture says you can simply do nothing…nothing fruitful…nothing with lasting fruit.
TOOL TIP OF THE WEEK –
Did you know that you are a leader? Truth is, we all are. Why? Because leadership is influence; everyone influences someone. Whether it’s only in the context of your immediate family, or if you have a platform of influence that’s deep and wide, you truly do lead people. Since that’s the case, doesn’t it make sense to become the best leader you can be? I think so. Today’s tool tip of the week is a book designed to help you do just that.
Authored by – Bill Hybels
I’ve read this book personally and continue to use it as a resource in my leadership. Leaders constantly run into sticky situations, places where wisdom is necessary, and circumstances that require a quick decision. Having a resource that speaks into some of those leadership points is a must. Why not learn from someone who has been there? I’ve found that experience doesn’t have to be your best teacher. The reason for this is simple…Someone else’s experience can be a better teacher!
FEATURE PRESENTATION –
How do you recognize your purpose? If God has planned out a life for you that fulfills your needs and makes your dreams become reality, then surely you want to recognize the purpose that makes that life possible. Well I have a few points for you to think about concerning this. It really isn’t that hard to figure out how to see and understand what might be a purpose in your life. Also, to be clear…I believe that usually we have what I call a THEME in our life. This could be understood as the overall purpose of your life. Underneath this theme our purpose is usually evolving. There may be several purposes in your life at any given moment that are somehow connected to the overall theme of your life. But no matter which type of purpose you’re talking about, recognizing it is essentially the same.
- Makes you passionate
- Stay awake
- Always thinking
- You enjoy it
- You are good at it
- It has a gravitational pull
- From deep within you know it
- It us inescapable
- Your life starts to form around it
- You sense God has given you this purpose
- There is a distinct call on your life
- A mission begins to form in your mind
- You desperately desire to Serve others through your purpose
- Purpose is never just about you
- It works itself out through service
Could I ask you a favor?
If you’ve enjoyed this show and gotten value from it, would you leave a rating and review in iTunes? Also, why not share it on your favorite social network and help your friends live their purpose too. You can find links to do this easily from my blog www.youcanlivewithpurpose.com and from there you can also sign up to receive periodic emails from me regarding the show, books, blog posts and other resources that will help you live with purpose.
Thanks for joining me today on the show…remember, you have a purpose and you can live it!