You have a potential that is God-given
- The potential to be a great parent
- The potential to succeed in your purpose
- The potential to reach the outcomes in life that God desires you to reach
- The potential to become the spouse you were meant to be
- The potential to influence those closest to you for Jesus
Your potential was embedded your DNA before you were ever born. God formed you and made you.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
God molded and shaped your life. He gifted you with the talents and resources to experience the potential He created you for.
With that being said…
Don’t be the lid on your own potential.
Lead yourself towards the outcome God desires for your life. Why? Life is filled with countless things that act as lids to hold you back from the great things God wants to do in your life.
- People will do their best to hold you back.
- Situations try to bring you down.
- Resources can seem to dry up at times.
With all the lids in life you are going to face, you don’t need to be the lid on your own potential! Many people become the number one lid on their own life holding back God’s best; and worst of all, they don’t even know it. I believe that lids appear in those areas where we refuse to grow. When God has pressed you to go forward, and led you to grow in a certain area, if you refuse to grow, a lid shows up.
3 Power Questions:
1. In what area do you most need to grow in order to reach your goals? 2. How are you planning to go forward in your potential in the coming weeks? 3. What is one small thing you can do today (just one) to grow where you need to most?